Compiler Issues

From: Fowler, Padriac C (E R WP AM TI) <padriac.fowler_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 10:22:16 MST

Dear NCL Install,

 After discovering the attributes of our system, we installed NCL using
the precompiled binary for Redhat Linux x86_64 for NCL version 5.2.1.
After following the instructions for setting up our environment
correctly everything seemed to work fine when we'd try to run NCL with
our WRF output (we have made many NCL plots without issue). However,
plotgrids.exe and plotgrids.ncl never built in our WPS/util directory.
Is this because we are building everything (WRF, WPS...) with PGI
compilers, and the precompiled binary of NCL was built using gfortran?
Is there a precompiled binary for our redhat linux x86_64 system that
was built with PGI compilers. We have gotten our feet wet trying to
install NCL from source code by altering the LINUX ymake file...but this
seems incredibly complicated and not without inevitable errors.

Best regards,

--Padriac Fowler and Paul Quelet

SIEMENS

Padriac Fowler