Re: Problem with masking a contour plot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:43:40 -0600

Gina Henderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some problems with trying to map a sub-region. I have a
> global field that I am trying to plot a sub-region of but when I
> limit the map view by lat and lon, and limit the lat and lon of the
> field being plotted, my coutours get cut off at 0 degrees lon. I have
> tried converting the longitude to go from -180 to 180 but this gives
> me an incorrect distribution of contours for the region (I have
> another plot produced by a website of what the distribution should
> look like).
>
> How do I correctly specify the lat and lon sub-region for the map and
> contour plotting? Attached are my program and input files.
>
> Thanks, Gina.
When you reorder data, you must reorder both the longitudes and the data.
The contributed function "lonFlip" can be used to do this.
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/lonFlip.shtml
====
I have attached a script. Hopefully, this solves your problem.
====
This is not part of your problem but your times look wrong.
     time: [-15761736..-15761736]
=====

Good Luck