Re: how to draw a country map

From: Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed <saji_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:40:35 +0900

Dear Huang,

If my understanding is correct these examples only show that you can construct
your own boundary maps if you have the will to do so. There are no
default files provided in NCL to draw state boundaries within countries (the exception
being for USA). You will have to either discover the existence of these files
by yourself or construct one from scratch (i have no idea how to do this, though).

Good luck and let us know if you succeed.

saji

* huang fuxiang <hfx_at_nsmc.cma.gov.cn> [2007-07-05 09:13:15 +0800]:

> Dear Dennis,
>
> Thank you for your instruction. I read these two examples scripts. But, I found I could not run them, even if I download the ascii file of they need. I doubt maybe the directory I put the ascii file is not correct.
>
> If I want to draw Chinese map, where could I download the ascii file for the boundaries of China?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Huang

Saji N. Hameed
APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji_at_apcc21.net
KOREA