Calendar types

From: Ian Harris <i.harris_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:37:47 +0100

Hi

NCL in its current incarnation can still only deal with two calendar
formats: 'standard' and 'gregorian'. This leaves many others (that
often occur in NetCDF files of climate model data, for instance)
unsupported. Examples of unsupported calendars are:

no_leap
365_day
360_day
command_year
n kyr B.P.

I know it's on the NCL 'Things To Do' list - but have any users written
code to deal with these?

Just to save me from doing it.. mine will probably only handle monthly
data anyway (if I ever get around to it!)

Cheers

Harry
Ian "Harry" Harris
Climatic Research Unit