Array dimension reduction

From: <jimmyc_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:58:14 -0600 (CST)

All-
I am running the wrf regional climate model and I am trying to create
monthly average wind speed and wind vectors at 850 hPa.

I am using the wrf_PressureLevel1.ncl script with some modifications. I am
trying to do this:
savg = dim_avg(sped(level,:,:,:)) ; this works
ss = savg(0,:,:) ; this does not work error=number of subscripts do not
match

ss is a 2d variable and savg is a 3d variable. The Array Dimension
Reduction page says that is you specify the first element, then the array
size reduces by 1. What is the simplest way to take a 3d array and make it
2d (for the rightmost 2 dimensions)?

--
James Correia, Jr. PhD.
Email: jimmyc @ iastate.edu