Re: paneling using gsn_csm_xy and gsn_csm_xy2

From: Arindam Chakraborty <arindam_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:47:35 -0500

Hi James,
may be you need to set the resource tmYROn to False for the second axis
of the xy2 plot to remove the axis labels. However, this will remove the
(major and minor) tick marks as well. If you want to remove only the
labels, you can use (with res_at_tmYROn = True, the default for xy2)
tmYRMode, tmYRValues, tmYRLabels and tmYRMinorValues together to set the
labels to null strings (" "). You may see the example below:

regards,

;==================================
begin

nt = 361;
x = fspan(0,nt,nt)

y1 = sin(x*3.1415/180)
y2 = cos(x*3.1415/180)

wks = gsn_open_wks("X11","xy2")

res1 = True
res1_at_gsnDraw = False
res1_at_gsnFrame = False

res2 = True
res2_at_gsnDraw = False
res2_at_gsnFrame = False

; res2_at_tmYROn = False
res2_at_tmYRMode = "Explicit"
res2_at_tmYRMinorValues = fspan(-1,1,21)
res2_at_tmYRValues = fspan(-1,1,5)
res2_at_tmYRLabels = (/" "," "," "," "," "/)

plot1 = gsn_csm_xy(wks,x,y1,res1)

plot2 = gsn_csm_xy2(wks,x,y1,y2,res1,res2)

respanel = True
gsn_panel(wks,(/plot1,plot2/),(/2,1/),respanel)

end

--
 ARINDAM CHAKRABORTY