Re: Regridding advice

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:10:47 -0700

> I have several datasets on different grids that I would like to put on
> a common grid. In theory, each dataset covers the same spatial domain
> at the same resolution. However, they're using different, sometimes
> curvilinear map projections (lambert conformal, polar stereographic,
> and transverse mercator) so they don't actually line up all that well.
>
> Any suggestions on the best way to go about this?
Hopefully, others will answer.
Based upon what you said, I think the only approach
would be to use the SCRIP interpolation to map to a common grid.

http://climate.lanl.gov/Software/SCRIP/

Setting up the input grid netCDF can be a hassle for limited area grids.

Some people here at NCAR have experience with SCRIP .... not me.

Good luck