Re: Error from attempting to load a DSO

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:49:39 -0700 (MST)

Hi All,

Sorry for my late response on this. I had a conversation with Andy
offline about this, and I think the problem is with an incompatibility
with the way NCL was built and the compiler he's using to build the
shared object. He's using the Intel compiler, and NCL was most likely
built with g77/gcc. Usually this is not an issue, but sometimes when
you mix compilers, they require that you have certain versions of each
in order to do this.

As a test, I've asked Andy to try some simple WRAPIT programs, using
the Intel compiler on one run, and the default compiler that it
finds as a second run. If these tests don't work, then I will
probably need to look into building NCL on that particular
machine using their compilers.

For a simple WRAPIT test, see:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml#TroubleShooting

--Mary