Re: XEyes works, but everything else is a blank white box

From: <Valkhorn_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 02:41:55 EDT

[Should have sent this to ncl-talk too in case anyone else could help]

Well that's no matter. I need to be able to generate actual graphic files on
the fly for a future project.

In the meantime, can you or anyone else on the list tell me how to add many
points manually to an NCL file? I can't seem to find it in the examples
anywhere. The reason I want to seed the points manually is because for my future
project I need to great a lot of weather maps. I'll only need to make them
once, so the plan is to take the data in SQL, generate the NCL file, then run
them all in a batch.

I already have the data stored into an SQL database and its already
approaching several million rows with only 200 cities loaded). I'm storing the data
myself because I'm coming up with a nice graph/chart system in OOP PHP for
weather maps for the web (that is my main language) - so naturally I'm looking
to see how I can incorporate NCL with this.

In other words, how can I create something in NCL that would look like this
in pseudo-code:

add_point(lat, long, value)
add_point(lat, long, value)
... etc.

I know I'm new to NCAR and this seems like a simple question but I haven't
found the answer yet. Once I get that in I think I'm this close to producing
the maps I need.

-William

In a message dated 4/13/2008 1:32:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
gerry.creager_at_tamu.edu writes:

Something's likely unhappy w/ vnc.

gerry

--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager_at_tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983

Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)