Re: XEyes works, but everything else is a blank white box

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 07:16:25 -0600

Hi William,

I see that you and Gerry had a number of conversations on this. (Thanks
Gerry!)

Since your xeyes program is working, there's really no reason the X11
window in NCL should not be.

Can you try this 4-line script:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","test")
gsn_text_ndc(wks,"Hello, world",0.5,0.5,False)
frame(wks)

It should pop up an X11 window with a "hello, world" string in the
middle of the box. If the box comes up with nothing in it, try clicking
on it with your left mouse button to see if anything happens (the
window may go away at this point).

--Mary