Re: Ubuntu Linux: No plot in x11 window

From: Erik Noble <enoble_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 23:15:44 -0400

Hi.
Here is one solution to look into if all else fails
I encountered a few problems with ubuntu and ncl in the past although
not with x11. So I switched to a version.
I installed an off-shoot of linux ubuntu, known as "Linux Mint" on my
system. It has a lot of fixes to various areas (and is very
elegent-looking, if you like that sort of stuff).
http://www.linuxmint.com/
After all of the required "sudo apt-get updates," I installed NCL, and
the x11 graphics handling works great.
-Erik