Re: PLCHHQ error

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:35:47 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Basit,

As Andy mentioned, the ":" is the default function code in NCL.

You can permanently change the default function code for every NCL
script (without having to do it in each script), by adding a
".hluresfile" to your home directory with the following line:

*TextFuncCode : ~

This will change the function code to a "~". If you are going to be
using any gsn_csm functions, then we recommend that you also use this
file to change the default font from times-roman to helvetica.

See:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

for more information about how you can customize a ".hluresfile" to
change other graphical defaults for NCL.

--Mary