Re: higher resolution of map

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:47:12 -0600

Hello,

There are three different map databases in NCL, a low-resolution one
(the default), a medium resolution one, and a hig resolution one. The
low and medium resolution databases are distributed with NCL. You will
have to download a file if you wish to use the high resolution database.
(I would try using the medium resolution first before downloading the
high resolution database.) Details of all of this can be found in the
example here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml#ex11
Best regards,
Adam