Re: Anomalous top region of plot

From: Helen Parish <helen_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:09:35 -0700

I am pretty sure that all the units are consistent. The standard units
of the model output produced by the CAM model, and read into my script
in the file "fi" are in Pascals, so multiplying by 0.01 converts to
mb, as required by vinth2p. The units I have specified within my script
and on the scales within gsn_csm.ncl run from around 90000 at the
surface, which is 90000 mb, or 90 bar, as required in this particular
simulation. So everything seems to be consistently in mbar as far as I
can see.

I am not sure how there can be missing data only for the zonal wind.
The corresponding plots for the temperature and meridional wind for the
same run do not have white missing section at the top of the plot. I am
not sure how there can be data for the temperature and meridional wind
at a given altitude, but not data for the zonal wind at the same
altitude ?. Also, the zonal wind plots appear to have some data at the
edges, but not at low latitudes. I am not sure what is going on with
this plot. Does anyone have any more ideas ?.

Thanks,
Helen.