Re: Making a wrf_contour plot wider

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:09:31 -0600 (MDT)

Jan,

We can try one more thing: turn off gsnMaximize.

So, before your call to wrf_map_overlay, you will need to
add a new resource list:

   opts2 = True
   opts2_at_vpWidthF = 0.7 ; Or whatever you want
   opts2_at_gsnMaximize = False

   wrf_map_overlay(wks, map, (/ contour /), opts2)

I don't know if this is actually going to fix your titles, however.

If you want to go the gsn_csm route, let me know and I'll see
what I can do. I already have your script, but it would really
help if I could also get your data.

This brings up something that might be worth doing: creating a special
page for WRF folks showing how to go from using wrf_xxx functions to
gsn_csm_xxx functions, in case the "black box" routines are not quite
working out for them.

In the next release of NCL, the wrf_xxxx routines will have been
updated to allow more control over titles, like turning them off
individually, I think. The "wrfhelp_at_ucar.edu" folks might be able to
describe this new functionality in more detail.

--Mary