A question on the file named ".hluresfile"

From: oszhh <oszhh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:31:05 +0800 (CST)

 Hello,

I am a beginner to NCL.
When I explored the examples (from 1 to 11 ) in the NCL homepage, I found that the codes in NCL scripts aimed to change the look of graphics would be ineffective if I use the ".hluresfile" file by putting it my home directory.
 However, if the ".hluresfile" file is removed from my home directory, those codes to change the appearance of figures will be effective. I am wondering why this could happen.

The following hyperlink is some instructions for the ".hluresfile" file:

 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

 Best wishes to you.

Clark