plotting NARR data

From: Clint Rowe <crowe_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:57:01 -0500

I'm trying to plot NARR data (GRIB format) and am able to reproduce the
examples shown on the NCL website. I have a question about the maps
that are produced, however. If the data are on a native grid and the
map is specified by the data in the GRIB file (corners, true parallels,
central meridian, etc) then why does the data not fill the entire
rectangular box plotted by NCL? Specifically, why are edges of the data
area curved?

Clint