Re: plotting NARR data

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:56:01 -0600

Clint,

Are you referring to the small slivers of missing data in three
corners as seen on this page?

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/narr.shtml

The original NARR Eta-12 model grid is regridded to NCEP standard
grid 221 for public distribution, Lambert conformal conic, which you
see here.

There is a slight mismatch between the chosen grid boundaries,
resulting in the slivers of missing data. This is discussed on
pages 39, 41, 42 of this early Powerpoint summary from NCEP (2005).
  Page 42 is the picture that speaks a thousand words:

   http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/rreanl/narr.ppt

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/