Re: plotting NARR data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:18:10 -0600

Hi Clint,

In order to plot data on a native grid, you have to do two things:

1) Get the map projection exactly right.
2) Set res_at_tfDoNDCOverlay = True

Of course, you must also be certain that your data is actually on the
native grid that you believe it is on. Are you doing #2, and still
seeing the same results?

If so, perhaps you can try something else. If you have the
corresponding
2D lat/lon values associated with your data, then attach them to your
data as "lat2d" and "lon2d":

   data_at_lat2d = LAT
   data_at_lon2d = LON

"LAT" and "LON" need to be replaced with whatever these 2D arrays are
called
in your script, and "data" should be the name of the data variable
you are plotting.

Then, make sure res_at_tfDoNDCOverlay is either not set at all, or is
set to False.

--Mary