compute daily anomalies by remove the monthly average

From: Song Feng <sfeng2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:43:40 -0600

Hi ALL:

Suppose I have only one year daily data (e.g. [time, lev, lat, lon], and
Ntime=365 or 366), is there a simple way to remove the monthly average?
For example, I want to compute the daily temperature anomalies in January
(Feb.....) by remove the mean temperature in January (Feb...). NCL did
have some functions such as "calcDayAnomTLL" to compute daily anomalies
but they are not applicable in our case.

Best regards!

Song Feng