Re: Adding Provinces and Rivers

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:56:32 -0600

Hi Nadeem,

Unfortunately, the provinces of Austria are not built in to Earth..4.
According to the documentation:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml#mpDataSetName

state/provincial outlines of Australia, Brazil, China, and India are
included in Earth..4.

I switched your domain and specified Australia:states, and the
Australian provinces/territories were filled correctly.

As far as the river data goes, if you have latitude/longitude
coordinates of the rivers, you can add them using gsn_add_polyline,
similar to the way the Indian provinces are added in this example here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml#ex9

Adam