Re: Using gsn_contour_shade

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:51:43 -0600

Hi Gina,

gsn_contour_shade cannot accomplish what you are trying to do. It can
color fill between two distinct values, such as between 0 and 0.05. It
can at the same time color fill everything greater than (or less than) a
certain value as well, say 0.051. It cannot, however, at the same time
color fill between two distinct contours again, in your case 0.051 and 0.1.

I would suggest you do the color filling manually by using the
cnFillColors resource (make sure cnFillOn = True). There are many
examples on the Applications page that show how to do this. Here's one
that may be applicable to what you are doing:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/color.shtml#ex3

note that the 0th index of cnFillColors = -1, or transparent. You will
likely want to do something similar for all areas other than 0-0.1.
Good luck,
Adam