Re: Graphics size

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:52:32 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jimmy,

I didn't see a response to this.

The PLCHHQ errors are occuring because you are probably using a colon
(":") in your text strings, and the colon is a special character in
NCL that is used as a function code (for doing superscripts,
subscripts, font changes, etc).

We recommend that people download a ".hluresfile" file and put it in
their home directory. This file changes that function code to a "~",
sets your font to "helvetica", and allows you to change the default
colormap to something else.

See:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

I think once you fix the function code problem, the plot won't be as
small.

I think the WRF-NCL developers have a specific color map that they
recommend you use in .hluresfile, so they might want to chime in here.

--Mary