Re: Setting Mexico data to _FillValue

From: Eric D. Robinson <edrobins_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:22:10 -0400

Mary,
     I actually need to do some calculations using only the CONUS data,
so I need to eliminate the data as opposed to just covering it up
graphically. Is there a way that I can use the information in the
mpAreaNames (et al.) databases to create an array and then use mask to
eliminate the data. I know that you can set mpAreaMasking to mask say
just Mexico graphically and that you can use the getvalues function to
retrieve a list of the Names (or Types) used in the plot, but I was
wondering if I can somehow query the AreaType on a point by point basis
and create an array that way. For example, I think that all the US
states in the Ncarg4_0 database have an mpAreaTypes value of 6, so if I
can check every point in my domain for it's respective mpAreaTypes
value, and only save points with value 6, I think I could create a mask
array and then use mask to get rid of everything not in the US. Is this
even remotely possible? Thanks for your help!

-Eric