Re: About Rivernetwork Plotting over South America using NCL, Thanks!

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:38:40 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I should have mentioned that the example I just sent was from the
shapefiles page mentioned below, which Rick wrote the examples for. He
also added the shapefile support, which had been a long requested
feature for NCL.

It's important to note that these shapefiles can have lots of
individual lat/lon segements, and will be expensive to
draw them using gsn_add_xxxx functions. As I mentioned previously,
it may be better to use gsn_polyxxxx functions if you can.

If you run into timing or memory issues with using gsn_add_polyxxx,
be sure to let us know.

--Mary