Re: Regarding Hodograph Plot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:46:29 -0600

 From an NCL perspective, a hodograph is an x-y plot.

[1]
Create a x-y background [gsnFrame=False]

[2]
Draw 'circles' at each radii [gsn_polyline]
These can be dashed, solid, color ... what ever you choose.

[3]
Draw the vectors [gsn_polyline]

===
I suggest you create a function that does [1] and [2]
     function hodograph_background(.....)

===

The wind rose and Taylor diagram use an approach like this

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rose.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml