Re: help

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 08:20:54 MST

Dear Min Zhu,

I don't recall seeing this type of error message before.

You can try a new "ncl" executable that I've provided for other users.

To get the file:

       ftp ftp.ucar.edu
       <log in as "anonymous">
       <Use email address as password>
       cd /pub/scd/haley
       get ncl_new.exe.gz
       quit

Once you have the file, gunzip it, make sure it is executable, and
move it to $NCARG_ROOT/bin:

       gunzip ncl_new_exe.gz
       chmod gou+x ncl_new.exe
       mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/.

Now you can use this new NCL executable instead of the one already
installed on your system:

       ncl_new.exe your_script.ncl

If you are comfortable that this executable works, you can replace
your old ncl executable with this new one. You should first make a
copy of your old one:

      mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl_old.exe
      mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe

--Mary