Re: Turning tmLabels back on in panel plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 08:25:45 MST

Gina,

If you are trying to panel plots that are slightly different sizes,
then what may be happening is that you do have bottom labels, but
they may be getting drawn off paper because those plots are bigger
than the rest of your paneled plots.

 From your description, I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to
do, but I tried to come up with a sample panel plot that illustrates
the problem. To fix the problem, I set the special panel resource
"gsnPanelScalePlotIndex" to the index of one of the larger plots, so
that the scale factor is based on this, and not the default first
plot, which is smaller.

See the attached panel_labels.ncl script. Note that in the first
frame, the labels start to run off. In the second, this is fixed.

--Mary