Re: about

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 09:17:56 MST

Hi Bluemine,

You can explicitly set the labels of X axis with
*tmXBMode*<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tm.shtml#tmXBMode>=
"Explicit". Take a look at Example 6 of XY Plot Examples:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml

Best regards,

Mateus

2009/12/6 bluemine <bluemine@sohu.com>

> hello
>
> I am a beginner of ncl
>
> I want to draw a xy plot , to display the pollution change daily, the data
> is as follow
> 0801 0.56
> 0802 0.78
> 0803 1.23
> 0804 0.35
> 0805 0.56
> 0806 1.05
> 0807 0.14
> 0808 0.99
> ……
> ……
> I want to use " gsn_xy(wks,x,y,false) " to draw the plot, and i want to
> the X Axis display the information of date such as 0801 0802 ……, but it is
> alway display numbers like 800.0 805.0 810.0 ……,
>
> is it only display numbers? can't show the string or characters? how can i
> do?
>
> i am a chinese, not good at english, do you get what i said?
>
> thanks
> 2009-12-06

Mateus da Silva Teixeira
Meteorologista
Instituto de Pesquisas Meteorológicas - IPMet
Universidade Estadual Paulista - UNESP
Av. Luis Edmundo Carrijo Coube, 14-01 - Cx. Postal 281 - CEP 17033-360
Bauru - SP - Brasil
Fone: +55 14 3103-6030 / fax: 3203-3649