tTick

From: Carl J. Schreck, III <carl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 07:42:02 MST

I wanted to give a quick "bump" to an old topic:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2007/0763.html

In that thread, Arindam Chakraborty posted a procedure that
automatically generates nice axis labels for time plots. This is a
very useful script that I use on a daily base for time-lon
(Hovmoeller) plots. I've made a couple minor modifications to it to
include minor ticks and to set the stride of the ticks. I've used
this script to write another function, ut_string, that takes a time
variable and outputs it to a string in whatever format specified.

Are there any plans to include these kinds of functions in future
releases, or are they fairly low on the developer ToDo list?

      Thanks,
      Carl

--
Carl J. Schreck, III