Re: Extra Points on Contour Maps

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 13 2010 - 09:59:22 MDT

Josh,

I need more information about your data. When you say 4x4 degrees, exactly
how big of an array is this area? If you are zooming in on area that is only contained by
one cell, I don't think you can contour this.

There may be something else going on with it that's causing the blank plot.
For example, if you are zooming in on an area that is contained between two
contour levels, you may get the blank plot. This is something I created a ticket
for, as it seems like a bug.

However, this problem is supposed to go away when you use raster fill
and set res@cnRasterSmoothingOn = True. Have you tried this?

If you are able to provide us with script and data, then here's
one way to do this:

 - Set res@gsnDebugWriteFileName = "mary"
 - Run your script
 - This should create "mary.ncl" and "mary.nc". Send me these two files, and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

--Mary