Ertel PV question

From: JEFFREY JOSEPH WATERS <jjw348_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 08:41:00 MDT

To whom it may concern,
I am currently trying
calculate Ertel's
Potential Vorticity given output information from an NetCDf file. I have been
reading some of the threads pertaining to PV, but I had two
questions:

1) are there any codes for calculating Ertel's PV
2) if
not, then are there codes for calculating relative vorticity on a constant
theta surface (relative vorticity is one component of Ertel's PV
equation)

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff
Waters
Graduate Student
Department of Meteorology