hybrid sigma pressure

From: Michael Notaro <mnotaro_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 18 2010 - 13:31:18 MDT

I made the attached plot of the difference in temperature between two CCSM3 simulations.
The x axis is month. The y axis is hybrid sigma pressure coordinates. Temperature is
averaged over the North American monsoon region, so it contains both high and low elevations.

I just would like to verify that I don't need to mask any of the temperatures where the hybrid
sigma pressure is > than the surface pressure (mountainous areas). My understanding
is that the coordinate system is terrain following near the ground so this should be fine.

Mike