Re: Which interpolation function shall I use?

From: eddycarl <eddycarl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 08:09:44 MDT

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for replying! Sorry if I am not clear about my problem. As I mentioned before, x is a 2d array x(time,wavelength) which is a function of time and wavelength. And, wavelength with unit of nm, is something like: (1000, 800, 750, 600, 500, 350, 200, 100). If I want a time series y(time) at a particular wavelength 550nm, then which interpolation function shall I use? Well, I try to use linint1_n_Wrap, but it did not give a valid output. The problem may related to the data itself though.
Well, yes, wavelength is the same each time. But, there are missing values within, and maybe quite a lot of them. For example, the data can be all missing at the wavelengths (500, 600, 750nm) which are close to 550nm.
Thanks,

-Eddy