Re: How vinth2p handle missing value?

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 11:13:39 MDT

CAM data are on model hybrid levels,
there are *no* missing data.

vinth2p can interpolate *and* extrapolate.

Levels between the surface pressure and the top
model level are *interpolated*. There should be
no missing values at interpolated levels.

If you are looking at pressure levels that are
below the surface pressure at each grid point,
then you are doing *extrapolation. Extrapolation
is always dangerous!

===

That said, I do not know what you mean by

"When I do vinth2p, the @Fillvalue -999 looks like
  taking part in the interpolation."

Did you set the argument "kxtrp=True" ?

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/vert_interp.shtml