ECMWF forecast data GRIB field split

From: Tompkins Adrian <tompkins_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 06:52:11 MDT

hello,

when I retrieve GRIB data from an ECMWF forecast and try to read it in
with "addfile", the variable seems to be split into two components, one
for the first 10 days, e.g:
CP_GDS4_SFC

and then for the remainder of the forecast:
CP_GDS4_SFC_10

with each a function of a separate time variable:
forecast_time0
forecast_time3

I do not see this split in any other software (XCONV, gribprofile,
GRADS...) and presume it is a hardwired NCL feature? (10 days being the
standard length of the operational deterministic forecast).

Is there any way to switch this behaviour off, I do not see anything on
the help pages?

many thanks.

Adrian

--
+39 040 2240579 (office) | Earth System Physics
+39 040 2240449 (fax)    | ICTP (UNESCO-IAEA)