Re: How to automate the CMORPH_3.ncl

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 07:32:36 MDT

Hello,

If you are a new NCL user, please read the
Mini-Language and Graphics st

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

We do expect that people try to create their own script.
The examples at http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications
are meant as 'guides' to using various datasets.

Please try it on your own and 'play' with the scripts.
That is how you learn a programming language.
On the above Applications/Datasets URL the text above the specific
examples "NCL Comments" show how you can read in multilple files
and how to cause NCL to read bigendian binary.

Reading "big endian" and "little endian" binary file types is readily
accomplished via

         setfileoption("bin","ReadByteOrder","BigEndian")

  In your case the
"root*" might be: "*3hr-025deg_cpc+comb"

         dir = "./" ; input directory
         fili = systemfunc("cd "+dir+" ; ls root*") ; 'root' is unique
         nfil = dimsizes(fili)
         print(fili)

         do nf=0,nfil-1
             :