Re: NCL beginner

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 13:22:59 MDT

Hello,

Most of the examples on the Application page use the GSUN interfaces.
For best results, install the .hluresfile in your home directory before
running any of these scripts.
==================
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

On 08/12/2010 01:08 PM, jorge.conrado@cptec.inpe.br wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm starting using the NCl. I downloaded some scripts in:
>

> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/
>

> I'm trying to run the climo_2.ncl scritp.
>

> I use: ncl climo_2.ncl, and I had:
>

> PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 9 (c) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
> PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 10 (a) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
> PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 11 (s) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
> PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 12 (e) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
> PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 14 (b) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
> PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 18 (.) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
>

> What can I do to have a figure like that for the climo_2.ncl in the Web
> page:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/climo.shtml
>

> Thanks,
>

> Conrado

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |