Re: map ticks

From: Yang Yang <yang123yang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 16:30:48 MDT

Hi Mary:

Thank you very much for the information!

I followed the recommended link. I copied all mptick_9.ncl on my machine without changing anything. However, I had the following error information when I tried to run it. My NCL version is too low? Thanks!

Cheers!
Ed

 Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:syntax error: line 39 in file test.ncl before or near add_map_tickmarks
function add_map_tickmarks
-------------------------^

fatal:Function identifier is defined
fatal:syntax error: line 41 in file test.ncl before or near local
local
----^

fatal:error in statement
fatal: Assign: res is undefined
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 47 in file test.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 319 in file test.ncl before or near add_map_tickmarks
  map = add_map_tickmarks

fatal:syntax error: line 354 in file test.ncl before or near add_map_tickmarks
  map = add_map_tickmarks

fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 359 in file test.ncl