Power spectrum

From: louis Vonder <appopson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 20 2010 - 02:00:15 MDT

Dear all,
I facing the following problem:
I want to draw the power spectrum of the mean daily cycle of the zonal wind (from NCEP/NCAR reanalysis) greater than a given threshold in the Hovmöller space.

I want to represent the power spectrum such that latitude in x-axis and period in y-axis.

An example of what I am trying to do is available in Figure 14a of
R. E. CARBONE, J. D. TUTTLE, D. A. AHIJEVYCH, AND S. B. TRIER
Inferences of Predictability Associated with Warm Season Precipitation Episodes, 2002, JOURNAL OF THE ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES, 59, 2033-2056.

There is any way to do it with NCL?

Best regards