Re: default title problem...

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 09:36:39 MDT

Andrew is right about "i" looking like a capital "I" or the number "1".

A tip: if you set:

   res@gsnMaximize = True

before you draw the plot, then the plot will be maximized in
whatever output you send it to. This usually causes your plot
to be a bit larger for PS and PDF files, and the fonts will look
better.

Another tip: you might want to consider changing your
default font from "times-roman" to "helvetica" by downloading
a sample ".hluresfile" and putting it in your home directory.

This file gets read in every time you run NCL, and allows you to
customize your default NCL graphics environment.

For more information, and a sample file to download, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

--Mary