Re: put string and ref arrow horizontally。 Thanks for reply!

From: Zhuanshi He <zhuanshi.he_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 20:19:59 MDT

Hi BianH,

Please check VectorPlot (vc) Resources "vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF" ,
"vcRefAnnoParallelPosF" and "vcRefAnnoSide" @
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vc.shtml

one example is vector_3.ncl accessible through
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/vector.shtml

vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF
vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF sets the coordinate of the base location of the
vector reference annotation orthogonal to the current vcRefAnnoSide and
directed away from the center of the viewport. The PlotManager Location
Control Model requires this resource to allow control of the vector
reference annotation consistent with other annotations.

Default: 0.02
vcRefAnnoParallelPosF
vcRefAnnoParallelPosF specifies the coordinate of the base location of the
vector reference annotation parallel to the current vcRefAnnoSide and
directed toward increasing NDC values. The PlotManager Location Control
Model requires this resource to allow control of the vector reference
annotation consistent with other annotations.

Default: 1.0

Good luck!

ZHUANSHI