Re: how to plot this contour map

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 20:16:55 MDT

Look at the Application/Examples page

In particular,
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HiResPrc.shtml

There are several ways to handle this. Two approaches:

[1] Set the zero or very small values to the background
     color or a color 'near' the back ground color.
     EG: cmorph_3.ncl

[2] Use a trick. Say "x" is the variable to be plotted

      x@_FillValue = 0.0
      x@_FillValue = 1e20

You must use both lines in the above order.