add_map_tickmarks for panel plot?

From: Emilie Vanvyve <evanvyve_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 14:18:21 MDT

Hi Mary,

A while ago you showed me how to adjust the tickmarks of a map drawn with gsn_csm_contour_map. See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2010/1615.html for the original discussion (post title: "Adjusting tickmark labels with gsn_csm_contour_map").

I'm using the function add_map_tickmarks again today for a similar map with one major difference: I use gsn_panel to combine two maps rather than plot one single map. The function nicely adds the tickmarks of the individual maps, but for some reason it also adds tickmarks to a nonexisting central plot. See attached screenshot. Is there any way to stop this?

Emilie