reference lines with fill above the topmost

From: Debasish <debasish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 12:09:34 MDT

Hello!

I have a 30 years daily variables for spring (i.e x(year, days)) where year=30 and days=92 (spring month only).

I plotted temporal trend of the variable x1d(year*days) (=ndtooned(x)) where year*days=2760.

Now I would like to draw Y reference lines with fill above the topmost for each year where position of reference line is 0.25*dim_max_n(x,1), (i.e. 1/4 of yearly peak) on the temporal trend of variable x1d.

I found the nearest example xy_21.ncl (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml) which draws a curve with three Y reference lines, with a fill above the topmost and below the bottommost lines but in my case position of the reference lines are different in different years.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Debasish