Re: how to calculate average of seasonal means

From: Ryan Pavlick <ryan.pavlick_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 10:04:17 MDT

I know its a bit taboo here, but since you already mentioned using
CDO, why not use the "cdo yseasmean" command. Just type "cdo -h
yseasmean" if you need help with the syntax. If you want you can call
it directly from NCL using the "system" function.

These sort of calendar-related commands are an area where CDO really
excels over NCL. Overall though I prefer working with NCL, so I've
started implementing some them as functions in an NCL library.

http://github.com/rpavlick/timstat.ncl

I haven't done anything with seasonal values yet, so it won't be of
any use to your particular problem now.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Pavlick, PhD Student
Biospheric Theory and Modellling Group
Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry

phone: +49.36.41.57.6262
web: http://gaia.mpg.de