Re: Plot size (png)

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 17:41:31 MDT

I am sure there are more knowledgeable people than me on this but ...

---
Are you producing the png file(s) directly from NCL?
or are you producing (say) ps files?
Hopefully, the gsnMaximize resource has been set to True (eg)
    res@ganMaximize = True
If not generate ps file and use ImageMagick's convert utility
%> convert -density 128 -trim +repage RRRR.ps RRRR.png
or from within an NCL script
    system("convert -density 128 -trim +repage RRRR.ps RRRR.png")
===
Also, see Example 6 at
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/system.shtml
On 10/19/2010 11:26 AM, Piotr Djaków wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've try to make plots from WRF model using NCL. I make some images:
>
> http://gfspl.rootnode.net/webcache/RRRR.png
>
> And i have question:
>
> In above png plot image size is 1024x768, but huge area is white. Is
> there possibility to make bigger map, with the same image size
> (1024x768)?
>
> Best Regards
> Piotr
Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |