Re: Question for Users: Interactive Mode

From: Rob Nicholas <rnicholas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 10:57:06 MST

Carl,

I use NCL in interactive mode on a regular basis -- mostly for
debugging methods for scripts that I'm writing but sometimes just for
quick calculations, simple plots, or mucking around with NetCDF files.
 The interface definitely has limitations (it would be nice to have
better command line completion and a built-in documentation) but the
ease of dealing with NetCDF files makes it my first choice over Matlab
or Octave in many circumstances.

I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to load
"contributed.ncl" more than once -- are you getting some kind of
error? I haven't encountered any problems with the latest version
(5.2.1).

~Rob

--
Robert Nicholas