Re: y-axis manipulation for histograms

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 15:44:33 MST

Neil,

I'm not an expert on this, but I took a look through the
gsn_histogram() code, and I don't see that there's a means to move the
percentage label to the left. It may be possible to turn off labeling
and tick marks on the left hand side by setting

        res@tmYLOn = False

leaving you with just percentage on the right. (Example
"histo_9.ncl" shows how to turn off all axis labelling, and example
histo_12.ncl suppresses the "frequency" label http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/histo.shtml
     )

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it doesn't look too
promising....FWIW.

Rick