Re: Fwd: interpolation gridded data to rcm

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2011 - 17:01:47 MST

I am not clear what you mean by
"interpolate 2d randomly-spaced data to
another 2d randomly-spaced data or 2d randomly
spaced data to directly RCMs grid"

---
There is a function in NCL' contributed.ncl that may work.
Like "natgrid" this can be slow!!!!
function obj_anal_ic_deprecated(X[*],Y[*],Z[*],lon:numeric,lat:numeric \
                                ,dcrit[*]:numeric, opt:logical)
===
   opt = 0
   zrcm = obj_anal_ic_deprecated(loni,lati,zi, dcrit, lon2d,lat2d, opt)
input: loni[*], lati[*], zi[*]
output: lon2d[*][*], lat2d[*][*]
; dcrit        - 1D array containing successive radii of influence.
;                Must be expressed in degrees latitude and should be
;                monotonically de.  eg: dcrit = (/5, 3/)